- Mackenzie Ritchie Manager
News & Press Releases
In an effort to provide those who visit this site with up-to-date information regarding events or stories of interest happening within the diocese, the Secretariat for Communications researches and prepares articles and news releases.
Access to the most recent news is available under "News Headlines" on the home page. Copies of old stories are available by accessing the Archives at the end of the News and Press Release section.
Monthy Catechism Sessions Continue; Will You Join Us?
Throughout the Year of Faith, the Diocese of Gaylord will be hosting a series of monthly sessions in each vicariate exploring the four pillars of the Catechism. Titled "Catechism of the Catholic Church: Hidden Treasure," each session is designed to help us rediscover the content of the faith that is professed, celebrated, lived and prayed, and to reflect on the act of faith, is a task that every believer must make his own, especially in the course of this Year [of Faith], as called for by Pope Benedict XVI in his Apostolic Letter Porta Fidei.
All sessions are being led by priests and catechetical leaders from throughout the diocese. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend any or all of these sessions. Please note that the series may rotate between different locations in a vicariate.
The third series of sessions will focus on "Proclaiming the Gospel to Every Creature: Transmission of Divine Revelation." Sessions will be held:
- Monday, February 18, from 1-3 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. at St. Joseph Parish in Manistee
- Tuesday, February 19, from 1-3 p.m. at St. Pius X Parish in Hale
- Tuesday, February 19, from 7-9 p.m. at Holy Family Parish in Klacking Creek
- Tuesday, February 19, from 1-3 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. at St. Patrick Parish in Traverse City
- Thursday, February 21, from 1-3 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. at the Augustine Center in Conway
- Saturday, February 23, from 10 a.m. noon at St. Mary Parish in Grayling
You may download a complete schedule of sessions and topics below.