1st Grade Teaching Position
Category: Catholic School Opening
Manistee Catholic Central School
Status: Full Time
Due to student growth, Manistee Catholic Central (MCC) seeks a dynamic first-grade teacher committed to the school's mission--Christ Centered excellence in education.
MCC seeks growth for our students, families, staff, and community. We are committed to growing in love of our Lord, His Church, and in becoming better versions of ourselves.
MCC is a Preschool-12 Catholic school located near the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan.
Please complete the Diocesan application and answer the following questions concisely:
- Mission. (1) Reflect upon the school’s mission: Christ-centered excellence in education. (2) How can you help MCC to grow its Mission?
- Essential Traits for Growth of Culture. All MCC Employees must exhibit and grow three habits (1) commitment to the mission, (2) coachability, and (3) awareness. Please share evidence of these three traits in your recent past. Explain why each is important and reflect on how a person may grow in these areas.
- Integration of Faith and Virtue. The school uses two school-wide virtue programs: Disciples in Christ: Education in Virtue and Sports Leader. Please review the websites and comment on one or two items from each that you have—or would like to—integrate into your teaching.Disciples of Christ: Education in Virtue: https://golepress.com/welcome/education-in-virtue/Sports Leader: https://www.sportsleader.org/
- Culture of Coaching. Please read and reflect on these 10 coaching principles (standards) that are foundational to our approach: https://easywebinaruploads.s3.amazonaws.com/10steps-coachingleader.pdf Which of these steps will come most naturally to you? Which will not, and how can you grow these habits?
- Vision, Philosophy, and Purpose. Read and reflect on Pope Benedict’s and Archbishop Cordileone’s words to Catholic Educators: Pope Benedict to Catholic Educators: http://www.vatican.va/content/benedict-xvi/en/speeches/2008/april/documents/hf_ben-xvi_spe_20080417_cath-univ-washington.htmlArchbishop Cordileone’s words to Catholic Educators: https://www.catholiceducation.org/en/education/philosophy-of-education/knowledge-virtue-and-holiness.html
- Work Culture. The assumption of work at MCC is that employees help the people (students, families, staff, volunteers) at MCC become a better version of themselves, and that MCC helps you to become a better version of yourself. We seek to grow a dynamic culture rooted in our mission. Please comment on this.