Director of Faith Formation and Evangelization
Category: Parish Position
St. Patrick, Grand Haven, MI
Status: Full Time
St. Patrick-St. Anthony Parish
Director of Faith Formation and Evangelization
PARISH MISSION STATEMENT:
“We are a welcoming community, Alive in Christ, making present the kingdom of God”
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Director will have a passion for the Catholic faith, and its evangelization and education. This person will be able to assess the needs of the Parish, envision an overall faith formation program, and develop new approaches and strategies to promote the mission of making Jesus known and loved in every heart. Using this vision, the Director will create and implement programs related to adult faith formation, coordinate these with the parish’s other formation programs and direct efforts to evangelize current parishioners, inactive Catholics, and all searchers and seekers of the Catholic faith.
The Director will lead the parish effort to welcome, educate, spiritually enrich and grow our community through program creation, formation experiences and sacramental support. This person will equip the leaders in parish ministerial areas to extend their reach beyond parishioners and into the community at large. The Director will serve as the parish’s ambassador to the diocese, its parishes and schools, and other churches in the area, and will use the connections and best practices gained from these interactions to fortify our parish programs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Commitment – a practicing Catholic who is deeply passionate and knowledgeable about the Catholic faith and who has an ability to inspire others to deepen or discover their faith
- Communication skills - ability to communicate vision and goals in person and by using a variety of media, including digital
- Coachability – A lifelong learner on a journey to become the best you can be – always looking for ways to improve and add value
- Awareness – Strong ability to develop constructive relationships with team members and parishioners, and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Collaboration skills – ability to serve as a positive, unifying force for the faith formation team as they develop and implement programming
- Experience – A proven leader with experience in directing a parish faith formation program and experience in an evangelization program; bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification in faith formation preferred.
- Ability to create and manage budgets.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Assess current parish formation and evangelization efforts, with a focus on strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to success
- Lead the creation of overarching short and long term plans for parish faith formation which interconnect programming for all ages and supports parish evangelization mission
- Set direction for overall faith formation program and its team, foster cohesive programming in all formation areas, and evaluate programming
- Work with formation team to discern, identify and implement practical and age-appropriate programs/curricula which support parish mission
- Direct RCIA sacramental preparation programs
- Provide ongoing leadership in prayer to the parish community
- Provide pastoral counsel and support for individuals in area of responsibility.
- Engage parish staff and ministries to incorporate evangelization into their work
- Recruit, train and support volunteers to assist in adult formation and evangelization efforts
- Serve as a resource and Master Catechist for parents and others who foster faith education
- Lead Faith Formation Commission in its support of the parish’s short and long-range faith formation mission
- Attend appropriate meetings and events within the diocese, especially within the tri-cities religious community, which would support the parish evangelization mission
- Continue to evaluate and re-formulate short and long-term formation vision and programming each year
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
- Active faith community of over 1,700 households
- Incredibly supportive and engaged parish members who have a constant willingness to roll up their sleeves and get the job done
- Collaborative environment where your gifts and talents are able to shine
- Strong administrative support
- Active High School, Middle School, and Elementary Coordinators
- Outstanding facility to welcome and serve our community
- Diocesan support for ministry resources, continuing education, and training.
- Perpetual Adoration
- Lakeshore community with beaches, festivals and recreation - often included in lists of most sought after places to live.
If you believe that you have these qualifications and are interested in applying for the position, please send your resume to St. Patrick-St Anthony Parish, 920 Fulton Avenue, Grand Haven, MI 49417 attention Fr. Chuck Schwartz or via email to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION BELOW - THAT IS ONLY FOR DIOCESE OF GAYLORD POSITIONS. THANK YOU.