Quick Links



How to Make a Report

To report allegations of sexual abuse of minors or others, individuals may contact the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services or local law enforcement. If the allegation involves a member of the Catholic clergy or church representative -- even if it is in the past -- individuals are encouraged to contact the diocesan Victim Assistance Coordinator Larry LaCross at 989.705.9010. 

In the State of Michigan many professionals, including clergy, teachers, doctors, counselors, etc. -- are mandated reporters. This means such individuals are REQUIRED to make an oral report IMMEDIATELY to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services if they suspect a child is being neglected or abused in any way. Individuals should call the state report line at 855.444.3911. The line is answered 24 hours a day.  There may be significant penalties for mandated reporters who fail to report suspected child abuse or neglect.

The Diocese of Gaylord further encourages ANYONE who has reason to suspect a child is being abused or neglected to report the matter to local authorities. Such reports are confidential and may be made anonymously to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services at the number above.

The Michigan Attorney General’s office has also set up special phone line for people to share information that may be of help in their investigation of sexual misconduct by Catholic clergy. That number is 844.324.3374.